Thursday, March 31, 2011

Tomorrow is APRIL!!!

This has been a crazy couple of weeks!  Sorry for taking so long to write a new post, things have been so hectic!  This past Saturday we went with Keele International on a trip to Bath.  It was INCREDIBLE!  Bath was so gorgeous and like nothing I had ever seen before.  While there we went to the famous Roman Baths.  They were so pretty and the architecture around them was amazing.  While there we also went to the Jane Austen Museum.  When they lived in the country, the Austen family used to visit Bath on a pretty regular basis.  Jane liked visiting the city but was ultimately a country girl, so when her father retired and moved there she was not too happy.  She hated living in the city and went back to the country as soon as possible.  It was interesting to hear about her family and their time in Bath. 
After the museum we explored the city a bit and went to The Crest, a big building shaped like a crest (hence the name) with a big open field and park in front of it.  It was a gorgeous day outside so people were playing games and eating picnics in the park, and it was the first time it really seemed like spring.  There were also a bunch of flowers in bloom and it was nice to just walk around and see the beautiful town.

This week I got very excited because I finally finished all of my essays and I just have one group project to do tomorrow morning, and then I can finally enter vacation mode!  I feel so incredibly lucky to have the opportunity to travel for an entire month throughout Europe.  It seems like ages ago that Ellen and I were booking our trip and just starting to talk about it, and now it’s here!  We are going to have such an amazing time and see some of the most famous places in the world.  Here is the rough itinerary for April.  On the 6 I fly over to Madrid to spend a few days with Ann.  The on the 9 I fly back to London and meet up with Sarah and Ellen.  We spend the night there, and on the 10 we meet up with the rest of our group and head over to Paris.  Then over the course of the next 20 days start in Paris and go to Beaujolais, Barcelona, the French Riviera, Venice, Florence, Corfu (an island in Greece) and Athens.  On the 30 we fly back home.  I am so overwhelmed with excitement about the fact that I will be getting to see some of the most amazing and famous places in the world, like the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Monte Carlo, Verona, St. Mark’s Square, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the Colosseum, the Trevi Fountain, the Vatican, the Sistine Chapel and much more!!!  I am so thankful for my parents allowing me to have this experience.

Whelp I suppose this will be my last blog post until May, so goodbye, au revoir, adios, arrivederci and antío sas!!!  Next time you hear from me I will be a cultured women with many stories of my European adventure J

1 comment:

  1. If you have a chance, check out the Louvre. It is gorgeous!! And the view of Paris from Montmartre is one of the best you will get. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete